Tuesday, January 30, 2007

So Now What?

I'll tell you what, sometimes maybe I should just keep my big mouth shut! Here's just a few options that showed up after I asked "So now what?"
1. The church I grew up in just lost their Associate Pastor, a position I told myself I would probably take if the last guy quit, and then he did.
2. The idea of starting a new work or a sister/daughter church has been consistently reinforced for the past few weeks, from various angles and sources.

Now to clarify, I absolutely will not move on either of these two fronts without clear prompting from the Holy Spirit. I will not put my family through major life changes without the Spirit's "Amen." The waters are muddy right now, and I know for sure that God is not a God of confusion. He may call me to go and not tell me where but right now there are only options and no clear call to any of them. I am praying for God's clarity, will you pray with me?

This is a later edit: I got a call from a friend in Virginia yesterday and he told me that the church in his town that belongs to our denomination is looking for a young pastor to fill their pulpit. They would prefer a former youth pastor.... ugh. 2/1/07

2 Comments:

At 1:34 PM, Blogger Brian Vinson said...

Wow. It sounds like all sorts of things are opening up. Sounds exciting!

 
At 1:50 PM, Blogger Brian Vinson said...

Anything new?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home