Thursday, December 21, 2006

Concrete Flavored Jell-O

As I have stated in earlier posts, I am a goal oriented person. I like to think that the Lord is starting to form a vision for ministry for me, a vision that is different from anything I have thought before but isn't neccesarily something that has never been done before. I think that the Church that Jesus had in mind was a lot less complicated than we have made it. A quick look around the world to see believers gathered under a shade tree in Africa to worship their Lord with all they have tells me that "church" can be done differently. Church being "done" at all is perhaps our biggest problem. The Church being the Church is a better goal but one fraught with confusion. We have build models for successful ministry in which thousands upon thousands attend our services and give to our budgets but look at the Church that Jesus built- It met in homes and broke bread and ate together, it met in the temple courts to praise Him until the persecution came. It was a personal movement. The Gospel moved from person to person, that's where it is the most effective. The vision God is building in my heart right now is as concrete as Jell-O but here is a snapshot: Small, mobile, and personal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home