Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Give Thanks With a Grateful Heart

So here we are again, zero hour before another Thanksgiving. My boys got to watch "A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving" last night as well as the world premier of "He's a Bully Charlie Brown" Seeing as how they are cartoon characters and not real people I feel that I can say this with all the honesty that is in me: I HATE Peppermint Patty. *whew* I feel better now...

I have been reminded this past week that Thanksgiving is not just about giving thanks for our stuff. While there is nothing inherently evil with the "stuff" itself, we can all too easily be overwhelmed by the pursuit of the stuff. I think a healthier focus is not being thankful just for the "stuff" but being thankful to the One who gave us the "stuff" to begin with.

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like the shifting shadows." -James 1:17

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home