Wednesday, November 23, 2005

The new me...


Perhaps you are wondering if the new me ever posts in his blog... Things are excitingly different in the murky mist. Our ministry is growing, in spirit and in numbers. Last year was a year of challenge and growth for me. It was my first year as a full time Youth Pastor, a job I didn't deserve but I am glad that God is my Human Resource Manager. I spent the majority of my year working with, on average, six students on a weekly basis. Looking back over my records I actually met over eighty Jr/Sr High students. Anyway six was my average. I am glad to say that the average number of students I work with on a weekly basis is three to four times that many with more coming all the time! I believe that God was using my experience last year to build a solid foundation and core for the ministry here and now that the skeleton is established He alone is putting meat on those bones. I can't explain the growth apart from God's moving. He has been adding to His Church weekly. Students are coming to faith in Christ, students are growing in their relationship with Him and with each other. There is even rumor of our facility being expanded to accommodate the growth we are experiencing! All of this change has forced me so far from what I considered comfortable. If all of these students showed up at youth group all at once at this time last year I would have passed out, woken up then slipped into a coma! So the new me is doing well. Wile I am encouraged by this growth, I am not letting this apparent success define me. The Lord is blessing and I am encouraged by that but that does not mean I am a success and if it all fizzled today and I got fired it would not make me a failure. I am here because God called me here to do a work that He prepared in advance for me to do. When that task is complete, if He has another task for me, I will continue to follow Him to my next appointment. That is the only way I can live another day in the dream.

1 Comments:

At 4:24 PM, Blogger Brian Vinson said...

Rock on, man, rock on. It sounds like things are looking up there, and that God's goodness is shining through. I hope that makes it into every aspect of your life, not just your ministry!

And keep on blogging, and I'm sure your faithful readers will keep on commenting (even if it's just me)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home