Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Dear Electronic Void...

Dear Electronic Void and anyone who might be reading this while floating around in your abyss,
I survived my first funeral. It's really difficult to answer people who ask me "how did the funeral go?" How do you answer that? "On a scale of one to ten... It was a funeral!" The family had lots of nice things to say and were generally pleased with the service, there were tears, yes, but some laughs too. I can't say I am looking forward to the next one, but if it is the Lord's will then I will do it. I was called to serve Him after all.
It seems very strange, being the only pastor here while my Senior Pastor is on Sabbatical. He is due back at the end of the week and I suppose things will be back to normal. I can't help but think that God might be building more in me than I originally thought. I remember being quite adamant about being a lifer in youth ministry, those comments seem silly now. I am the Lord's servant not my own, I will go where He calls me, I will do as He asks.

1 Comments:

At 12:31 PM, Blogger Brian Vinson said...

"I am the Lord's servant not my own"

You're in a good place there. I thought I wouldn't be a SP, and that's where I am now.

And as for funerals, they get easier, but they're never any easier, if you know what I mean.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home