Thursday, July 28, 2005

A dream, eh?

This has been probably one of the hardest weeks I have ever been through to date. I am beginning to see signs of some serious stress issues at work. This week I went to my first meeting where people actually got up and left in the middle of it. While I've been assured by friends in the ministry that no "good" meeting ends with everybody still there, it has been really unsettling for me. I don't exactly know how to put into words what has been going on but either God is in it or I'm in trouble.

Lately there has been a great deal of "other" things going on at the church that have really been weighing on me and none of them really have very much to do with why I thiought I came here. My goals all had to do with youth ministry but lately the expectations of me have been much different. The pressure to be more than what I believe God has called and equipped me to be is almost overwhelming. But leaders lead and that's it, right? It's wearing me out to say the least. I have been extremely short and insensitive with my wife, all I want is for my kids to leave me alone... This is not healthy and it's not the me that I know I am.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home